Friday, April 20, 2018

BATH TUB BRILLIANCE!

So you want to know what my bathtub brain wave was, do you?

It has to do with this ugly little spot.



This little garden area has been a burr in my butt since we moved into this house.  When we moved in it was an over run and tangled mess of roses, and all kinds of miserable weeds and things, that we have been cleaning out pretty much since we moved here.   I fought with the mess for the first year, and then last year thanks to the help of Gary and the tractor, we pulled all the rose bushes out -  correction, still one more rose bush to go - but mostly the area has sat empty now for a year.

See the patch on the wall to the left?  That is the east-facing wall of our dining room.  Apparently there used to be a fairly large window in the dining room, and I can certainly understand why it was removed.  Already that room gets so much sun ( and heat) from a south facing picture window and a -west-facing window and front door.

Gary was going to complete the job that was not finished here, and stucco over the patch - until I came up with idea that it would be a great spot to put a garden door, if we could turn this patch of garden/grass into a small patio area just large enough for our little Bistro set... a place we could go for morning coffee, a salad at lunch or a cup of tea in the evening.

We are going to do that someday, but that project is in line behind replacing two large picture windows, which is behind removing the back step and redoing the driveway - which is behind...

So - while in the bathtub it came to me that it would be a really great place to make my herb/ tea garden.

And so I started my work...

I started squaring the area off with my trusty board and edger, and now will dig the whole area up, get rid of the grass, and the last almost dead rose bush.  I am going to make it a complete square all the way to where that old rose still is.  That way when the time comes to make this area a patio, we are half done.

Brilliant!

Day 1

Day 2 



Not quite half done - still lots of back-breaking digging - but I am determined to finish this bed, before doing any other yard work.

BUT.....

I'm taking the day off from this project today, but will back at it over the weekend.


Today we are getting out for a drive in the beautiful spring weather and checking out our surroundings.


Have a great weekend everyone! If you get the chance, get outdoors and enjoy the arrival of Spring! 










No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...