Tuesday, April 10, 2018

INDOOR SEED PLANTING AND VIDEO FRUSTRATION!

Its a new week - it still feels and looks like winter outside, but we are already into the second week of April and up until this past weekend, I still had not started any of my vegetable seeds indoors . 

I was going to put that on my "to do " list for this week, but changed my mind and got it done on Saturday.

I am usually much more excited about spring planting than I am this year, and I think its because the weather is still so much winter - ish!  How can you get excited about being in the yard when it is still covered in snow?  Blah!

So what did I seed on the weekend?

6 (Bush) Manitoba Tomato plants
6 (Staking) Big Beef Tomato plants
6 (Bush) Prairie Pride Tomato plants
6 (Bush) Cherry Supper Sweet 100 Tomato plants.

6 Cool Breeze Cucumber plants
6 English style - Sweeter Yet Cucumber plants

6 Golden California Pepper plants
6 Blazing Banana Hot Pepper plants

3 Pumpkin plants

3 Sunflower plants ( will plant 3 more in the ground in the garden)

3 Acorn Squash Plants
3 Butternut Squash Plants - don't think these will grow as I harvested seeds from a squash, and they don't look very seed-like!

A tray of 12 marigolds
A tray of 12 Cosmos (Sea Shells)

Some of the herbs that I had planted earlier did nothing so I might try them again, or wait and just plant them in pots outdoors when it is warm enough.

Of course if everything comes up and grows well, I will be sharing plants with friends like I did last year.  It's one thing to plant a seed, but needing all the plants that grow might be somewhat of a tricky thing!

I have purchased a Farmers Almanac, and this year I am testing out what was my Dad's chosen spring planting methods  I am going to be planting the whole garden according to the moon cycles.  That means no mass planting on the long weekend of May as I have usually done.  I am beginning to understand why he gardened this way - it actually does make a lot of sense, if you study it enough to understand it.

So wish me luck!


Last week when we were in Winnipeg, we both got new iPhones - it was the end of our contract, so time to upgrade.  I am not attached to my phone what-so-ever.  I do use it more now than I ever have, and I have taught myself to carry it with me so I hear it, but really for me - it's just a phone!

But - this new phone has a real neat camera on it... and I have been playing around with the camera since I got the new phone.  Don't care a scrap about the phone - but love the camera - how typical of me!

I finally completed revamping my studio space, after removing all my dolls and the single bed to one of the basement bedrooms, so last week I decided to make a little video tour of my space.

I am amazed at how much more room I have now that the dolls and bed are gone.

I tried to load the video here so you could all see - but its too large, and I have no idea how to compress it myself ( some sites do it for you, but not this one)

So I will take some stills and post them next time...

Until then...







No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...