Wednesday, April 25, 2018

THE NEW DOLL ROOM!



It occurred to me that I have not yet done a post on my new doll room.  It has been finished for over a month already, and I did do one short video with my iPhone, but I have this crazy habit of turning cameras while shooting video - I guess because I do it all the time when I am shooting stills - it's just a habit.  Anyway the video was going pretty great and then I started flipping the camera around - and well... to put it mildly - it was a real mess.

So I decided to try again.  My new phone takes great video - only I need to keep my mouth shut, as I yammer on and on - and before I know it the video is too large.


So I will try one more time.  Excuse this video for being not too chatty...

https://youtu.be/wY_KsmPzt4A


I hope you can view this,  but in case you can't here are a few stills to go with the video...



The old pine TV cabinet I painted .  Dolls in the cabinet, and doll clothes in the drawers.


The dolls inside the cabinet.  On the top self, are most of my 1940's/50's rubber /vinyl dolls.  Bottom shelf is most of my Chatty collection.

My other cabinet, has mostly vintage and a few antique dolls as well.



























Some of my collection of children's books and vintage childhood books.

and

The Three Bears and Goldilocks - made and given to me as an infant by Aunt Margaret Vick.



And the canopy over the bed that I created with some sheer curtains and a couple of straight curtain rods attached to the ceiling is at the top of this post.  I have one side tied back, but it can be lowered to make a nice cozy little tent as well.

Missing is my Marx Tin doll house - but you can see that on the video.

I am so happy with the way this room turned out.  It is a doll room, but it also is a room where children can sleep and play.  The valuable dolls are in the locked cabinet, but all the other things in the room are just waiting for a child to love them.

What is the sense in having child's toys, if not to play with them?  All I ask is that the room is tidied before the children leave it...

It's what was always expected of me as a child, and it's what I expect as well.


Hope you enjoyed the tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...