Tuesday, April 19, 2016

TREE DAY!

Yesterday was tree day at our house...after 9 months of dreaming about it, our six half-dead spruce trees were taken out.  I can't say enough positive things about Kevin, the young fellow who worked so hard all day, just he with his partner, the mini backhoe.  He was awesome and we would recommend to anyone needing his type of service.

I have to say, with those trees gone, we are feeling somewhat exposed!  Guess we were more used to living behind those trees than we realized.  It was pretty difficult seeing the TV last evening as well...our living room window faces west, so until the sun went down, it was somewhat bright.  However all that can be fixed with time.  We will plant some trees in front of the house again, just not as close or not as large, I can get different window coverings, or we can think about an awning.

Before (front of the house)

Before in front of the back yard.

After all six trees are removed!


You can see why I would be feeling somewhat exposed! 

During the day there was a constant trail of vehicles parading past the house.  You have to love small towns, something this major brings out the curious.  So many people stopped to chat, about the history of the trees, the history of the house and everyone commented on how they never knew what the front of our house actually looked like.

They will see many more changes happening over the summer months ahead, and perhaps by the time fall approaches our home will no longer be known as the " Stefanishyn House"

If all that wasn't enough excitement for one day, I still had my interview to attend for a position I had applied for weeks ago.  So at 4 pm, I got cleaned up and headed downtown.  The interview went well, they had three candidates to see, but they said they would let me know later this week.

I just came in from working in the yard for lunch and when the phone rang, I knew I had the job.  I start May 1st as the custodian of the town library.  It is 8 hrs a month, and will be a wonderful opportunity to do something for my community, while getting to know some more fellow residents, and give me some pocket change as well.  

I plan to advertise for piano students for fall registration soon as well.  The wonderful thing about retirement, is you can do the things you want to do, when you want to do them. The freedom is so refreshing, after years of dancing to the tune of others!

So now, I am off to head back outside and work in the yard some more.  There is much to do out there, and the weather is beautiful finally...









No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...