Friday, December 11, 2015

PEPPERMINT SWIRL FUDGE RECIPE

Wow I am really on a roll this week  - this has been a much better week for me to write, it seems!

 I had to go and see my my new doctor this week.  While I was there I gave her the little surgeon bear I made for her, she was so excited and happy to get it.  Her receptionist got one of the little sledders - they both loved them so much.

After my appointment I walked next door to talk to the lady who runs the activities in the nursing home.  I mentioned that I wanted to come in and play the piano once a week for the residents, and she wanted me to sit down and start playing right there and then!  I didn't have my music along, or I would have - but I will be returning next week to start my weekly recitals.  I hope they like my playing - hope they don't throw bedpans at me!

The next few weeks I will be playing Christmas music so that is easy for me... after the new year I will try and give them some really old songs of their era and maybe throw in some newer ones for the staff.

They have a full size electric piano there, the exact same one I used to have in the basement, before we sold it.  It is not my beautiful old slightly out of tune 1929 Hart and Churchill, that I am used to playing on - but it will do nicely for entertaining the residents.  I am still looking for a tuner for my piano, I am thinking of getting the gear and learning to do it myself... I am not very trusting of piano tuners, especially with my old girl... but I have a new name now - so maybe soon!

I am looking forward to giving back, even though I am new to this community, it already feels so much like home that I want to do something for others who live here.  It might just be some music played on a piano, but hopefully it will bring joy to some people.


So - How about that recipe I promised you...

You will not believe how easy this one is... even I can make this type of fudge!

So here it is - Enjoy - and let me know what you think of this fudge, if you try it!


PEPPERMINT SWIRL FUDGE

1 teaspoon butter
1 package (10-12 oz) white baking chips
1 can (16 oz) vanilla frosting
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
8 drops red food colouring
2 tablespoons crushed peppermint candies ( candy canes work well)

Line a 9 in square pan with foil and grease the foil with butter - set aside.

In a small saucepan, melt chips. stir until smooth.  Remove from heat.  Stir in the frosting and extract.  Spread into prepared pan.  Randomly place drops of red food coloring over fudge - cut through fudge with a knife to swirl.  Sprinkle with candies.

Refrigerate for 1 hour our until set.

Using foil lift fudge out of pan, gently peel off foil and cut fudge in 1 in squares.  Store in a airtight container.

Makes 1-1/2 pounds of fudge.

 . . .


I whipped up 5 more snowflakes to put in cards for some new friends we have met here in town, and this time I remembered to snap pictures of them before I sealed the envelopes.

And we finally got some snow - the heavy wet stuff that is perfect for snowball fights or better yet making snowmen.

Snowflakes are really only snowmen unassembled - so get out there and start assembling...

Have a great weekend everyone

Stay Safe!










No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...