Friday, December 18, 2015

FRIDAY IN A NUT SHELL!

It's Friday!  One week before Christmas 2015.  I sit here at my desk and wonder how it is that we are here already.  I know I have said before that time seems to fly by faster than it used to - but really - How did we get here already?

I am finally getting around to baking those cinnamon buns - the dough is rising in the oven as I write this.  I haven't really done any Christmas baking, but I did buy a jar of mincemeat yesterday, so at some point there will be tarts.

The sun is shinning - it seems forever since we have seen the sun.  My sun room and living room are so bright that I seriously thought I might pull the blinds a bit - but I won't!  I don't want to shut out the sun or the heat that comes with it.  It has turned pretty cold, and the north wind still is blowing so we can use the extra rays of heat.

I have it on good authority that this weekend, beginning tonight there will be some awesome borealis aurora storms happening.  They are supposed to last through the weekend, so my advisor has given me some great guidelines for getting out there and hopefully successfully capturing some awesome pictures.  His will be awesome - I already know that for sure!

I still struggle with night photography, and certainly with night photography with movement.  It is not an area I really pursued before, but the gentle little nudges coming from my nephew, Scott - are making me want to learn and conquer!

Gary has finished painting and is now busy setting up his home theater  - I hear a lot of hammering going on down there so he must be getting close to the big reveal.

In the meantime, our son Jon has been redecorating in our old house.  He has turned my craft/doll room into a gaming room for his vintage systems and games.  I can't believe it is the same room... have a look....  this is the same corner of the room when it was mine, and now that it is his - I do believe I like his better... it certainly is much cleaner looking!




Last but certainly not least I want to say and very special Happy Birthday to my oldest niece, Cheri.  Cheri is celebrating her 50th birthday today.  Happy Birthday Cheri, Have a Wonderful Day!

Also a belated Happy Birthday to my cousin and good friend, Debra who celebrated a birthday yesterday.

So that is Friday in a nut shell, as they say.

Whatever your plans are for this weekend before Christmas, don't forget to stop and enjoy the season with some beautiful music, some Christmas sights, and the company of good friends or family.  If you are in Winnipeg on Sunday and are looking for a Christmas experience, consider attending this traditional Christmas Service of beautiful Christmas readings and choral music performed by one of the best choirs in Winnipeg.  I sang with this group and they are a rare treat indeed.



Talk to you next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...