Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Nothing like a Swap!

While I am sort of on the topic of Craft Buddy, I thought I would share some pictures of our recent Fall swap.

Craftbuddy.com is a craft forum I belong to on the net.  I have been involved with this group of crafters for almost 5 years now.  We are a collection of mostly multi-crafters, some have craft business where they sell their wares online, some do the sale circuit's, some own shops, and others like me, work on consignment and special orders.  In the group are spinners, knitters, crocheters, doll restorers, wood workers, painters, photographers, beaders, card makers, soap makers, just to name a few.

We haven't done a swap in awhile so when one member suggested it, we all jumped at the chance to participate.  Usually there is a theme, and a few rules such as cost, sometimes materials, colors, but usually we keep it pretty basic and let our creative hands just work.

This time around we did a fall swap.  The item was to have a fall meaning or colour, and not cost more than 10.00 in materials.  Swap was to be completed and mailed before Oct 31st.

Almost everyone has not only completed their item, but has already swapped and received their gift.

My swap partner was my good friend and fellow doll lover Eva.  Eva is a fantastic seamstress so she made a complete "Back to school outfit" for my Chatty Cathy Doll... what is more fall than back to school?









Of course I was delighted because this doll has been wearing blue jeans and a sweater for much too long.  I made the books and holder to go along with Eva's outfit.

My swap to Eva was a Fall wall hanging.  I took a big chance and challenged myself.  Of all the things I do sewing is my least favorite and my most frustrating craft.  I'll blame my Mom for that ( but that's another post!).. about the only time her and I ever butted heads - it was about sewing!

The little quilted wall hanging I did for Eva didn't turn out too bad - but still I was not 100% happy with it.  I got the pattern on Freepatterns.com.
http://www.freepatterns.com/detail.html?code=FQ00210&cat_id=1


   Some of the other swap items include note paper and cards in an autumn theme.  A fall scarf, a beautiful knitted doily in a sunflower motif, a wooden lamp decorated with fall characters.. to name a few.
swaps&ttt 009 (2).jpgdoilyforcarol.jpgIMG_1542 (260x195).jpg

CIMG1252.JPGFall Swap from Sue.jpg

There are still a few pictures missing...

Next up  - A Christmas Ornament swap, due Dec 31st.
My partner for this swap is Charlotte - shawl designer and knitter extraordinaire... and NO - I will not be knitting something for Charlotte!  She's a REAL knitter - not a knit and purl variety such as I!

I have almost finished my swap item, and plan to mail it to Texas where Charlotte is when we go to the states next weekend.

We are all like Children waiting for Santa, when it comes to these swaps, but really - it's just the thought that someone I have never met is spending time making me something that I know I will treasure for years to come  - well for me - that's the most special part of our swaps.

Thank You fellow CBer's... you make the world a much better place...

Craft on -

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics you shared of the swaps Dale! These swaps really are fun! I might not be knitting anything for you this time, I have decided on the perfect thing for you for the "ornament" swap...I have it ready to be mailed to you, but life here has been just a wee bit hectic..lol..Thanks for the sweet compliments!

    ReplyDelete

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...