Friday, October 14, 2011

Babies on the Way!

I have several baby gifts to get made in the next few months and I find I am tired of many of the items I have made over the years.

There are so many things one can make for a baby gift so the decision is difficult.

I love to do blankets.

This was the last one I did and I'd do it again, but really I'd like to try something new.

So I started the hunt.  I looked online, I looked in all my pattern books and thought I had it narrowed down to a few - and then I got the latest Mary Maxim catalogue in the mail.

Well there went all my ideas and decisions!

But I did find one that I absolutely love, and I think one particular couple will like it as well so this morning I ordered the pattern and the yarn and I can't wait until it comes so I can get started on it.

I have no idea if they are having a boy or a girl - but these days baby blankets don't have to be the traditional pastel baby colours. 




Ruffles Turtle, Blanket & Bib

Isn't this the cutest set you have seen?

In the meantime I have started knitting a winter coat for Molly.  She has been removing the fur from her side for a few years now and has quite a bald spot happening there.  It started off from a food allergy but has become a habit she just can't seem to break now.  She is by nature a fairly nervous girl, and when she is over tired or has been too wound up she licks and chews her side.

She's 8 now, and winters here are harsh, so I am making her a soft double knit coat to cover her bald spot.  I started it last night and will probably get it done by next week - then it is on to scarves for the Special Olympics. 

I like to do several things at once so I'll add the baby ensemble in to the mix as soon as I get the pattern and yarn.

The weekend looks like it is going to be a busy one working outside cleaning the yard... we are buried under elm leaves in our yard, and it has been raining for the past 2 days so you can imagine the mess we have to clean up both in the gutters and on the ground.  It is supposed to be sunny but colder this weekend so I plan to drag out my woollies and stock up on hot chocolate - and get the job done....

Happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...