Monday, August 27, 2018

THOMAS UPDATE AND ANOTHER GOODBYE!

Happy Monday everyone!

First of all, I would like to say a heartfelt Thank You to all of you who have been keeping our Thomas in your thoughts and prayers.  I am very happy to say, that after many transfusions to bring his blood levels up, his team of physicians were able to determine where the source of Thomas' internal bleeding was and start a treatment plan to stop the bleeding.

Thomas has been discharged from a in-patient, but cannot yet go home, so he and his Mom, my niece Alanna, are once again making their home at Ronald McDonald House in Vancouver, until such time as the medical team say he is well enough to return home.

I wish you all could know Thomas.  He is an amazing child.  He has gone through so much the past two years, and yet he has been able to keep his sense of humour, his kindness, and his determination to get better and as he says "Kick Cancer's Butt".

He is a warrior, and he is a survivor, and as I have said many times before - he is my hero.

He still has one more year of treatments ahead of him, and we hope and pray, this last year is an easier journey than the last two have been.



So Thank You all.  It means so much to me, but also to Thomas and his family.

Thank You!
 _ _ _


While I was reading the wonderful news that Thomas was improving on Saturday morning, a message flashed across the top of my screen from my cousin, informing me that my Aunt had passed away in the early hours of the morning.

My very first thought was: One was spared, and One was taken.

I have no idea why that thought popped into my head - but after it did, I realized that it was very very true.

11 yr old Thomas was gravely ill, but he had his whole life ahead of him, if only he could have life.

My 93 year old Aunt, was in a nursing home, rapidly deteriorating, and had expressed to me in the past few months how ready she was to pass on... she had lived a full and wonderful life - she was ready to die.

And so One was spared, and One was taken.

In that one moment, all was explained to me, and in that very simple explanation I found peace and hope, and even joy.  Joy for Thomas, and even Joy for my beloved Aunt - for they both received the blessing they so desired.

Gary and I will really miss her.  She lived very close to our home, and we saw her every week, someones several times a week.

Rest in Peace Auntie Olga.

You were loved, and you will be missed...



No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...