Thursday, August 2, 2018

RECIPE THURSDAY WITHOUT A RECIPE!

Here it is, recipe Thursday, and I have no recipe for you.  That is because I spent no time anywhere near the studio yesterday and have not prepared even upcoming posts.

Yesterday I spent the morning working outside in the garden - something I have not been able to do for awhile, mostly due to my hands.

I have gout in the knuckles of my left hand, and for the past couple of months I have not been able to do much with that hand.  Even though I have been working on my projects and a little bit of gardening now and then, it hasn't been for long periods of time, as I just could not stand the pain.

I seem to be turning a corner finally,  yesterday was the first day that it was actually cool enough and I was pain free enough to be able to stay out and get some much needed work done in the garden.  I can't tell you how enjoyable that was for me to be outside digging in the soil.  I really hope the trend continues, as my gardens are looking very shabby and neglected at the moment, and there is so much I want to do to make my Potager dream come true.

After lunch we headed down to Plumas to the little Quilt shop there.  If you are a quilter and have not visited KickAss Country Store - you should go.  Its a great place - loaded with gorgeous fabric, and a very friendly owner to boot!

I got enough fabric to keep me going for a few weeks, but I saw a lot of fabric there, that I am just going to have to get for future projects.

I found some wonderful "Gypsy" batik fabric, so the gypsy I was working on, is going on my idea board, and I am starting a new one with awesome fabric for her head scarf.

On the way back home we stopped in Waldersee.  I walked around the cemetery and visited with my Grandparents and Aunts and Uncles for awhile, and then went into the Church and played them a Hymn on the organ.



I am always amazed at the Peace of Waldersee.  There is something there that is so special to me, besides the family connection.  The beautiful quiet calm that prevails as you walk through the stones, soothes me like no place ever has before.





So that was my lovely day yesterday, and for the next few days I am going to be spending my time toggling between the garden and the studio.  I have lots to do in both places.

The Rodeo comes to town this weekend, so it will be a busy weekend around town.  I hope to get some really great photos to show you next week,

So have a great weekend everyone, stay safe and enjoy the beautiful summer weather... 

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...