Friday, August 24, 2018

PRAYERS NEEDED FOR THOMAS!

I am rapidly loosing interest in everything to do with gardening and working outside.  Same thing happens every year at this time - it's like my body says - "Okay, that's enough - I'm tired, done, not having any fun - lets move on!"

Trouble is my body tells me this when I'm not quite finished harvesting my garden, or dealing with all the fruits of my labour. 

Earlier this week I was cleaning up my kitchen after doing some baking late one evening, I turned without moving my feet - something I seem to have a habit of doing  a lot, and pain shot up from the  arch of my foot into my leg.  And just like last fall, I couldn't step down on my foot once again.

I had been standing in the kitchen working on produce all day long - I did have my good support shoes on, because since last fall I have had to wear shoes in the house all the time - but my feet and legs were fatigued, probably giving me signs for hours to get off them - but I didn't listen.

Here we are a couple of days later, the foot is slowly improving, but I have boxes of now ripe tomatoes sitting on my floor, half of a garden still to deal with, and I am all but sidelined, with an I Don't Care attitude to go with it!

Then yesterday, our sweet Thomas, who has been battling childhood leukemia, for two years, took a real bad turn.  He has been battling a dangerously low red blood cell count for months, and yesterday it completely tanked.  He had to be air- ambulanced from Kelowna to BC Children's Hospital in Vancouver yesterday afternoon, and he is very very ill.

His cancer journey has been heartbreaking for us all to watch - he fights so strong, is such a sweet little warrior, but he just seems to never be able to improve, no matter what treatment they give him.  This latest is another in 2 years of setbacks, that has left his Mom and siblings and all who love him devastated.

The ONLY thing that is on my mind, is Thomas.  I can't seem to hope enough, pray enough, that he will jump this latest major hurdle, and be able to finish his one last year of treatments successfully so he can put three years of horror behind him. 

Thomas isn't even 12 yrs old yet.  He is fighting so hard for the chance to live a full life.

So I beg you all - if you can - will you please say a special prayer for sweet Thomas.  He needs every prayer we can give.   Thank You all who do...

Till next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...