Tuesday, September 5, 2017

IS FALL REALLY HERE?

Is it Fall?  It might not be official, but I believe it is!

Geese have been flying over headed south for over a week already,  our song birds are gone, and although the trees have not started turning colour, already mornings have a nip to them, that wasn't there a week ago.

What gardeners consider summer, is now gone, and although harvest for our farmers is in full swing, the garden harvest in now past.  That labour is over, and now one can sit back and reflect on the growing season, or maybe just put one's feet up, grab a book and take it easy for a few hours.

I am not in the reflecting stage quite yet - I still have a few things to get done in the vegetable garden.  There are a few tomatoes still clinging to the vine, in hopes of getting some last bit of colour and flavour, and a half row of carrots that I have been waiting to pull when the soil softens with some rain - but after today those too will be history.

My freezer is full of vegetables for the winter, my preserve shelf has every jar I own, filled and on the shelf, so all in all I think it's safe to say, it was a good growing season.

Our beautiful yard looks pretty tired.  Drought and wind have taken a toll on the trees and plants and the grass.  This year fall won't be a showstopper of colour in my yard... but that's okay - there is always next year.  Or maybe we will get some much needed rain, and everything will come back for it's last hurrah!  One can only wait and see.

As I slowly get back to regular blogging, I will need to gather my thoughts, go through my pictures, and make time to sit down and write.  I have some catching up to do.

So while I do all those things, I will leave you with some of my favourite images directly from my gardens...







































No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...