Friday, September 29, 2017

IN MY CORNER!

Well that's it - another week wrapped up and committed to memory.  Hope it was a good one for everyone - or at least I hope we all had some good moments along with the not so good.

I refuse to blog about politics and all the other things we all see and hear every day on the news and on the internet.  You can get all you want of that stuff anywhere else you go - I have always intended Erndales to be a place where you are guaranteed to get away from the pressures of everyday life.  And I hope it is.  But I do want to say that our world is a mess, so much misery and horrible things happening the world over.   Sometimes it is very hard to shut all that out, and write only about my own little corner of the world.

Maybe some say, " What's with this woman - the world is falling apart, bad things going on everywhere, and all she cares about it crafts and gardening, and photography, music!"

I care, I worry, sometimes I wonder how we will ever survive this world of ours.  I don't live in a dream world  - I just choose to not write about it here.

I have had bad things done to me and to my family, I have hurt, and I do hurt.  I have fought cancer, I have seen much pain and agony in others and have experienced it myself.

But I have also seen the most incredible sunsets, the beautiful change of seasons, the wonders of nature.  I have seen the kindness of people I know and people I don't know.  I have felt the comfort of arms wrapped around my shoulders when I cry,  and I have heard the words of encouragement spoken to me, when I have needed them most.  I have felt the love of my family, and of people that I have yet to meet face to face.

I look for the good, I look for the beauty, I look for the happy. It's how I choose to live my life.  If that's living in a dream world - then so be it.

One of my brothers made a comment about my Heroes blog.  His words "That was very special, right from the heart, the way we were brought up."  I wondered about his choice of words when I read them, but after I thought about it for awhile, I had to agree that he was completely right.

"From the Heart", was how we were raised, and for some of us, it has been how we lived our entire lives.  I can't tell you how many times I have been accused of being "To soft"!  My heart is involved in everything I do, which hasn't always given me the outcome I want, but that has less to do with my heart, than someone else's.

The world is beautiful, it's the people in it who mess it up.  It's our choice how we decide to move through it.

Have a safe and happy weekend everyone - and if you need me.... I'll be in my own beloved corner of the world!

Much Love to you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...