Friday, September 8, 2017

ANGEL UPDATE

First of all, I would like to say thank you to all for the nice comments on my denim angels on Face Book yesterday.  It's very gratifying to hear that something I created out of basically scraps, has brought a smile so someone else.

For those of you not on Facebook - the comments were from this picture I shared on my page yesterday.  I posted this late in the day, after I managed to make 2 more angels during the day yesterday.  I called these  a "Choir of Angels", mainly because their colour put me in mind of the Cassocks and Surplices we wore in our Church choir at St. Luke's in Winnipeg.  And I don't mind telling you we sang like angels too...


I have decided to make a tutorial on how to make these angels, which I will post here on my blog for anyone wanting to try them.  The biggest challenge for you might have is sourcing the heads and hands, so if you think you might be wanting to make these, now would be the time to start checking the dollar stores and thrift shops for these items.  

Remember, you just want the heads and hands, so don't spend much on whatever you find.  The pieces I used were from dollar store angels I purchased a couple of years ago.  My family, and I'm sure the store clerk, thought I was mad buying the ugly angels that year - and I bought every one they had in the store... and believe me, I am sure they were happy to see them go.  I will be on the hunt for more this season as my supply is getting low.  Check the craft areas of thrift stores as well, you might luck out and walk home with a bag of heads.  

I am also going to put together a couple of kits which I will offer for sale, first come first serve.  All you will need is a mini glue gun and some glue sticks, everything else will be provided.

So on that note, I am closing down the studio for a few hours, I have beautiful juicy red ripe tomatoes waiting in my kitchen to be be processed and frozen.

Have a good weekend everyone, stay safe...


No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...