Monday, September 18, 2017

I HAVE BEEN BUSY!

It's been a busy few days here in Dale's house.  Friday was a cool cloudy day, it threatened rain  so I decided to spend the day up in the studio.  I haven't worked on many mug rugs for my November sale, even though I plan to have a bunch done to sell, so I appliqued all the teacher ones I had cut out.  I got tired of those so I appliqued a barn one that I had designed a while back, and then I decided to design a new one.

Check out my grain elevator!


I was so happy with the way it turned out -so  I cut out a few more



And just to be silly I thought I would jazz a couple of them up a bit for the lady farmers!




These last 2 pictures are just cut - not yet sewn or appliqued.

Saturday it was still cool and cloudy, and still no rain, so I headed outside to pull my carrots, and till my vegetable garden.  Happy to say the garden is done for the season.  I might till it one more time before the snow flies, but if I don't get around to it - that's okay too.  When I came in the house, I spent the rest of the day freezing carrots, and I also finished freezing the last of my tomatoes - so the putting away of all my vegetable harvest is also over for another year.

It started raining around suppertime and continued all evening and night - so we finally got a bit of much needed moisture.

Yesterday, I was planning to applique the mug rugs I had cut out on Friday, but instead I decided to try something totally new.

On the September long weekend, my friend Louise and I went to a spectacular garage sale in Alonsa.  The couple who had the sale, spend the entire year collecting things from all over the province, and then once a year on the Labor Day long weekend, they hold a huge sale of things they had collected.

It was the best garage sale I had ever been to, and if I don't forget, I surely plan to go to next years sale with much more money in my pocket.

Louise bought a huge box of tassel's and fringe.  Gorgeous, high end stuff.  When we got home, I asked if I could have a couple of tassels to make some tassel dolls.  I had never made them before, but I had one my Aunt Margaret made for me years ago, and I had seen many over the years.  Louise kindly shared some of her loot - so here was my opportunity to try my hand at something totally new.

This is the large tassel I started with... isn't it gorgeous?


So I got my supplies and got busy...

My first one 


Looking at the picture now, I think I will nip that bodice in a bit more.

My second one


I love how she turned out, amazing what fun one can have with a tassel and bits of ribbons and lace.  How's that for a hat without a pattern.

I have 2 more of the large tassels, and a few smaller ones, so I will keep at them between other projects...


I still have a lot to complete before I am ready for my sale, but if I keep having as much productivity as I did this weekend - I just might make it.









No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...