Sunday, January 3, 2016

WELCOME 2016!

HAPPY NEW YEAR - WELCOME 2016!

Another year over, another year of open possibilities ahead of us.  We have a new chance to do it right, get it right, make a change or maintain the status quo - guess it depends what we as individuals want to do with this gift of a New Year that has been given to us.

Not being one to make resolutions, I try not to get caught up in the New Year predictions and promises that some are so fond of putting forward... I am not against it - I just have never really found it worked well for me personally.

I do want nice things to happen this year - to everyone, but I am not naive enough to believe that will be 100% possible - I hope I am completely wrong.

What I do know is that I want to be as happy as I can possibly be, so to that end, I will promise myself to be as positive as I can possibly be.  If that is a resolution, then I guess I have just made it!

Personally I am embracing this New Year.  I look forward to spending a full year in our new home from beginning to end.  Can you believe that in another week we will have been here for half a year already?  Where has that time got to, I wonder?

We plan to keep ourselves busy from now till spring, sprucing up the interior with some new paint and window treatments.  Nothing too stressful, but I am more than ready to put my own stamp on some of the main rooms of our home.

I continue to plan my garden for spring.  I have my seed order all ready to go and I am adding a couple of fruit trees as well - an apple and a apricot tree and some blueberry bushes.  How can one contain the excitement of getting out there and creating a productive fruit and vegetable garden?  I can't wait!

The past couple of days have been very warm here, with quite a bit of melting going on.  Not January weather at all - but we are embracing it with open arms.


You are going to see some changes coming to my blog in the next week or so.  I am tired of the same old, so I am experimenting with some different layouts and designs.  I haven't settled on one yet, but I will soon.

In the meantime, I am going to leave you with this wise little sentiment,  posted by my cousin Vicki on FaceBook

"the new year is like a blank book, and the pen is in your hands. It is your chance to write a beautiful story for yourself. Happy New Year! "

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year, Dale! I love starting over again fresh each year. I love each month as it comes. I love January. I love saying "January"! I love my little snowdrops that are about 1" up already and showing white. We had such a hot dry 6 month drought last year that I'm so enjoying the rain and the cold! I do miss my garden though, but this year I planted purple winter pansies on a pot holder on my back deck and I can see the purple every time I look out, so that really helps. I have a very small yard so I have to contain myself!

    ReplyDelete

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...