Thursday, November 26, 2015

A CHILDREN'S CHRISTMAS CRAFT

I hoped you enjoyed the beautiful music I left you the other day.  I will be sharing more beautiful Christmas music every week until Christmas.

It has been a busy couple of days around here.  I have managed to complete quite a few Christmas projects which makes me feel better.  I am working on some knitted projects for gifts now, so hopefully I will be able to complete those in a week or so.

We had some snow, so the ground is now covered, but the temps are supposed to rise above freezing in the next few days so no doubt it will all melt again.

I have started decorating the main floor of our home.  I have strung some lights, hung some banners, and today I set the tree up.  It is not decorated yet - I will get to that on the weekend.  I wasn't going to put my tree up this early, but my eldest brother and his wife from the Yukon will be here visiting next week, so I thought I would make the house festive for their visit.  It has been a few years since we have seen each other, so we are really looking forward to their visit.

I downsized my tree and my decorations a couple of years ago to fit our small house - now my tree is almost too small for this house, and I could use a lot more decorations to fill three floors of space...

I took this picture to show you my crazy Hoya plant.  See it just behind the doll standing on the floor.  I have two of these, one in the kitchen on top of the fridge and this one.  Since moving here, they have both sprouted long shoots that almost strangle you when you walk by!  I guess they like their new environment.

I will take another picture when I am finished with my decorating.





When I was going through my ornaments today, I came across a small bear ornament that was made by my Aunt about 30 yrs ago.  I made a few of these years ago as well.  It occured to me that anyone looking for a quick and easy Christmas Craft project to make with children could try this one.

All you need for supplies is some walnuts and hazelnuts, some red craft paint -  A package or two of small brown pompoms - the dollar stores have these.  Some red felt, a bit of white cotton swabs or fiberfill ( anything fuzzy and white) you could even use a thick white yarn... and a piece of black ribbon and voila...

You have a bear!


Isn't he cute? These would make a great children's craft for Christmas.

Next week I will have some photos of the things I have been working on the past few months!

Have a good weekend everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...