Wednesday, November 4, 2015

COOKIE JAM!

No, sorry - not the game...



How is this for a cookie?


I told you I was going to bake!

I had all these little bags of Reese's pieces (the peanut butter ones) left over from Halloween, and they were driving me crazy every time I passed the cupboard.  So I took them out of the cupboard and emptied all the little bags into a 2 cup measuring cup.  I got a cup and a half...

So I made cookies... and are they good - they are a cross between a Monster Cookie, a Chocolate Chip Cookie and  Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.... UMMMMMM.

I added  half a cup of Chocolate Chips to the pieces to make 2 cups.

Here is the recipe...

1 Cup       Becel Margarine ( use butter or any soft margarine if you would rather)
1 Cup       Brown Sugar, packed
1/2 Cup    Granulated sugar
2               Eggs ( I blew mine out so I could used the shells to make Christmas tree ornaments)
2 Tsp        Vanilla

2 1/4 Cups     Flour
1 Tsp             Baking soda
1 Tsp             Salt

1 1/2 Cups           Reese's Pieces ( Peanut Butter flavour)
1/2 Cup               Chocolate Chips.

Cream butter and sugars together.  Add eggs and beat, Add Vanilla and beat well.

Mix flour, baking soda and salt, and add to the butter mixture.

Stir in Reese's pieces and chocolate chips,

Drop by spoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 8 minutes or until golden.

Makes approx 48 cookies.

This basic cookie batter could be used with crushed candy such as candy canes, mints.  Jellied fruits, nuts or anything you wish....

These however, are gonna be on the top of the list for my cookie jars from now on...

Now I have to figure out something to do with the OHenry Bars that are calling me from the cupboard.

Remind me next Halloween not to buy so much chocolate!


Enjoy your cookies!






No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...