Thursday, October 29, 2015

ANOTHER MILESTONE BIRTHDAY!

Today is my Father's 95th Birthday.  Happy Birthday, Dad... hope you have a wonderful day! I won't be with my Dad to share his day, but he will be in my heart, and on my mind.

It is hard for me to imagine him being 95, just as I am sure it is hard for him to imagine his little girl being 60!  The passage of time waits for no one, and pass it does - in the blink of an eye, the years are gone.

While I am mentioning birthdays, there are a couple more.  My niece Alanna, had a birthday yesterday, and my brother Wayne, celebrates his birthday tomorrow.  Happy Birthday to them both!


                                                                      ...

Our shopping trip yesterday was quite successful.  We had a few places to stop, and a lot of items on our lists.  We accomplished almost everything - except the mole trap.  Tomorrow an Ace Hardware store opens here in town, so we will see if they have some traps.

In the meantime, we managed to pick up some more outdoor Christmas lights at Walmart.  Everyone here has been in a light decorating frenzy this past week.  It appears that this town lights up for Christmas big time!  We brought some lights with us from the other house, but not nearly enough for this property, so now we should have enough to make a statement.

In the mail yesterday, were flyer's announcing all the Christmas activities in our town.  Santa arrives on November 20th, during a Christmas Festival which is held at the Arena as a prelude to the Santa Claus Parade!... I did not expect that, for some reason.  They have outlined the parade route and it goes right past our house, so what a treat that will be for us newcomers!

By the way, we are not the newbies in town anymore.  A new couple (our age) moved in last month.  We walk Molly past their home, and noticed a lot of renovation work being done, so we introduced ourselves.  Hopefully we can get to know them in the months to come.

So back to the Christmas activities here - there is a Christmas Craft Sale; Christmas Festival; Santa Claus Parade; Christmas Midnight Madness where the local business stay open for shopping until midnight.  A Christmas Gala - which is a dinner and a social event, catered by the Graduating class of 2017!  There is Free skating at the Arena, and a lighting of the town Memory Star; to name just a few events in November.  And more events in December as well.  For someone like me who is "Christmas 
Crazy" every year, this is wonderful news.  I won't stick out if I go a wee bit overboard with Christmas this year!

I am busy practicing Christmas music on the piano so I can go and play for some Christmas services at the personal care home.  If I am good enough, perhaps they will let me volunteer to play for the residents a few times a month... I would love that.

So that wraps up another week...

Happy Halloween tomorrow, and don't forget to set your clocks back an hour before you go to bed on Saturday night!

Until next week -






No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...