Monday, January 26, 2015

Meet Paul and Peggy!

My the weekend went by awfully quickly.  I was determined not to go out of the house the whole weekend long.  I wanted to stay in and actually accomplish something for a change.  To that end, I even did my grocery shopping on Thursday night - which I never ever do.

Friday evening was pretty exciting. The doll lady who owns the doll museum dropped by with a surprise gift for me.  She is in the process of closing the museum and needs to sell a lot of dolls, so I told her about the Facebook doll sites I belong to. I helped her get invited to a few of the sites, and right off the bat, she sold a doll.  She was pretty pleased and very appreciative for the help so she brought me a doll. 

This little lady is a Canadian made 1935 Regal Hairbow Peggy.  She has composition head and hands and a cloth body.  Someone has re-painted her face and hair, but still she is in great shape and is my new forever doll.


 While Vickie was visiting, I decided to show her Paul.  I found him a couple of years ago at an antique store, and have never been able to identify him.  He is a large all - composition doll, not in the best of shape, and again, someone has started replacing some of his composition with wood filler.  I have him covered up but really he is pretty rough under all his clothes.  Vickie immediately spotted a very faint crest on his back that I had completely missed.  Turns out he is a Canadian made doll, Made by the Dominion Toy Co.  They made dolls from 1910-1920, but according to Vickie the later dolls were much smaller than my Paul, so she estimated he would be older - closer to the 1910 mark.

Imagine my excitement to think that a doll had survived 105 yrs, and that he was now my doll.

Paul and Peggy - how cute are they together... both dolls with age and history.  I am so thrilled to be the owner of these two very special dolls.  Just think of the stories they could tell of the children and the era they were played with... amazing.

I shall treasure them both for a very long time indeed, and when I am no longer able to care for them I will make sure they go somewhere where they will be preserved for years to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...