Thursday, January 29, 2015

Designing Dresses...

The week is more than half over, which I am so happy about.  Since I started this new job in June, my weeks have become so stressful that I can barely wait to get to the weekends.  I did not go to work yesterday - I was battling a powerful headache, but I needed to be away from that environment yesterday for my own sanity and well-being.

But today is a new day, and as such I would like to share some of my newer creations with you.  Last year when I lost my job, I had a lot of idle time on my hands at first.  It was in the dead of a very miserable winter, and I needed something to take my mind off of my troubles.

I was puttering in my work room one morning, looking for a project to get in to, and opened a couple of drawers in my fabric dresser - I think with the intention of working on a quilt or a table runner or something such as that.  I found a bunch of small scraps of fabric of really beautiful prints and materials.  I believe most were left over pieces of my Mother's seamstress work.  There were silks, voile's, beautiful textures, beautiful colors... but not much of anything to do much with.  I had been researching paper dolls on the Internet, and thought  - wouldn't it be nice to have paper dolls who wore real dresses - and so a new craft was born.

I began to make dresses...

Here are some I made from those scraps of material..

 







                                                                 These were so much fun to create, but I really did not know what I was going to do with them once I finished them.  Until a friend of ours was visiting, who makes her own cards.  She wanted some to put on cards - so I gave her a bag full, and then started putting them on my own cards.  I am not really into making cards, but I do make Thank You cards that I include in my on-line sales... now these have become my "Signature" cards with my customers.  I have since designed small dresses, that little girls would wear... I'll share some of these soon.  In the meantime - all these are long gone, and I have to spend some time making more... which is a real fun way to while away a winter day...
 I apologize for the blurry images on some of these, but these were taken before I had my new camera.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...