Thursday, December 15, 2011

10 days to Christmas - A sweet treat!

I usually do a lot of baking at Christmas time - you know, the usual shortbread, mince-meat tarts, fruit cake... all the good stuff that we tend to only eat at this time of the year.

This year I find I have very little desire to bake and with time running out for the time to actually accomplish this task, I think I have almost come to the decision that I will not do much baking this year.  We'll survive!  In fact I'm sure we will be all the healthier for it.

One of our favorite Christmas cookies is one I have been making for years and years.  It is a refrigerator sugar cookie recipe - that makes a wonderful light and airy cookie.  It's one that you use the flat side of a glass dipped in sugar to flatten before baking.  At this time of the year I always make sure the sugar is green or red, sometime both.

Give these a try - I guarantee you will love them, as will your families.


Refrigerator Sugar Cookies

1 cup sugar
1/2 margarine
1 c vegetable oil ( I use Canola)
1 egg
3 c flour
1/2 tsp. soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla

Mix all ingredients and refrigerate over night.

Roll into balls, then roll balls in sugar.  Place on cookie sheet and flatten with a flat bottomed glass.

Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...