Wednesday, February 20, 2019

SEEDING SUCESS AND EGG QUILTING!

How is it possible that it's already Wednesday, and only a week before the end of February?

I'm happy about the last bit - as I just want the winter to be over - but like someone reminded me yesterday - March is often our worst month for snow and really lousy weather.

No matter - I am looking way further along than March.  I'm thinking about late April, and early May - and beyond!

I did manage to get all Geranium seeds sewn on the weekend - and much to my surprise - seeds that were supposed to to take 12-14 days to germinate are up.  So far all but 3 are through the soil.  I think I can safely thank my hot steam registers for this occurrence, as I have the seed trays sitting on a foil pan right on the registers, so not only are they getting light and heat from being in the south facing window, they are getting heat from below.

The pansies, are not nearly as advanced, because they are germinating in slightly cooler temperatures and also under a dark cover of a heavy towel - but they too are popping through the soil - very slowly.

So today I am going to start some perennial Bee Balm or Monarda-Didyma, which also is supposed to take 14-21 days to germinate... I guess we shall see.  I love this plant, but have never been successful growing it in my former yard in the city - so I am hoping it will grow out here... fingers crossed.

Also today I am fooling around with a sloppy project - and having a total blast.

I am "quilting" some eggs to be used as decorations on my old window for Easter.



I have done this sort of technique using paper napkins and large goose eggs, years ago when I used to  make the elaborate eggs with my Mom  and our "egging friends" - but never have I done this with small chicken eggs and fabric.

To my surprise it is working out really well - and I think they are going to be a very pretty decoration.  

This would be a great project to do with children -  I would be happy to do a little tutorial here, if anyone is interested... let me know!

So I am going to have a bit of lunch, then get on with my seed sewing and egg quilting!

Whatever you are doing today - enjoy doing it!

Till next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...