Monday, February 11, 2019

ARE WE TURNING A CORNER?

After many weeks of extreme cold weather, the professional weather people are telling us that we are about to turn a corner towards more "seasonal" temperatures, and perhaps maybe even a glimpse or two of the coming of spring.

Dare we be optimistic?

I really want to be, and in a way I am rather hopeful, as the light seems to be coming back into our days with an amazing show of strength.

Even though it has been so cold ( -31 when I shot these photos) - I just had to get outside and try and capture some of this gorgeous light, and in particular, how the light made the new snow look like a beautiful art canvas.

Take a look...

This is a little corner of my yard.  The reflections of the hedge is like a beautiful painting on the snow.


This is a deep ditch that runs along a small highway near town.  The little foot bridge over the ditch is usually the prettiest part of this ditch - but not on this day....


My neighbour's back yard always has some seasonal ornaments - the Canada Geese appeared in fall and now have become part of the canvas of winter.  Look at the colours in that snow - how pretty is that?


The birds love this tree in another neighbour's yard.  It is usually covered with Jay's and Cedar Waxwings, as they feast on the frozen fruit that is still on the tree.

The new snow is so white that if not for the shadow of that fir tree, you have difficulty even seeing the snow. 


I don't know if the weather persons are right about the return of more normal seasonal weather, or not - but I do know, these days ahead are going to be filled with new images for the camera to capture, every day.

Bring it on!





No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...