Thursday, February 14, 2019

TRYING TO GET THINGS DONE!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Share the love!

We had one nice day, and today we are back to skin freezing wind chills - like one local man put it this morning as we were once again clearing snow in front of the Post-Office - "Welcome to the Winter from Hell."

It may be that, but no one can ignore the increasing amount of daylight happening every day.

Now that there is more natural daylight in the studio, I have been able to work on a few projects for gifts.  I made a few mug rugs - which I haven't done for quite a long time.

I managed to finish five so far...



 
 

 


 and I have a couple more in various stages of completion, like these two, as well as a VW bus,  a couple of vintage campers and one yellow truck!






While I was clearing off the cutting table, I came across a few projects that I had started last year - and a couple more that were started even before that.  So I have them out on the table waiting in line to be finished as soon as the mug rugs that I am working on, are finished.

This one I really want to finish soon - it requires a lot of hand-stitching and layering of fabric.  This is just the first layer.  It will be very dimensional when it is done.   There will be a hand-stitched shooting start in the dark blue area where the rabbit will see it.  The rabbit will be embellished, as will be the moon.

There is still a ton of work to be done on this little wall hanging.





This piece is going to stay in my home where I can see it often.  It is for all our loved ones now gone; for those I love whom are still here and are suffering from disease, life's cruelties and disappointments, and for those who are living far from me, that I don't get to see very often.


It felt good to be working in the studio, and I realized that I have missed it very much these many months that I have not stayed up there more than a few minutes at a time.

I haven't really been in the right frame of mind to do much up there, I have been struggling with a few things and I have also been hurting physically with some pretty major pain issues.  But hopefully I can continue moving forward from all that, and get myself healthier for spring.

I have managed to stay on track with my plan to loose weight.  So far I am down 10 lbs, which really does feel wonderful.  I have a long way to go, but I am determined to get it off and this time keep it off, with a lot of help from this season's garden fresh home-grown vegetables.

There is much to look forward to just around the other corner.  Good health, gardening season, being able to be outside all day long; enjoying guests throughout the summer months, and hopefully some day trips with Gary - and the camera, of course.

Tell someone you love them today - tomorrow waits for no one.












No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...