Friday, February 15, 2019

IT'S FRIDAY FINALLY!

Oh boy!  I can't tell you how happy I am that it is finally Friday!  In particular - Friday with nothing planned for the upcoming weekend.  It's been three weeks since I had a free weekend, and I am so looking forward to it.

Okay - contain your excitement Dale - they get it!

The reason I am so excited for a clear slate weekend, is that I am going to be designing some new mug rugs, new for 2019 - and making some of my other designs to put up for sale in my Etsy shop which I am working on.  I will also sell from here - if you see anything you would like, just leave me a private message on my Ernadales Face book site, or message me here at the top of blog page ( I hope it works - I just added it).

So here is the new design that has got me excited.  I cut this and laid it out yesterday, but then I kept waking up in the night thinking about the crazy thing.


So first thing this morning I went up to the studio and appliqued it down using black thread - and I totally loved the results. 


This will be quilted into a mug rug now, and I will add the ties and daisies at the neck last.

The I needed to do another - so I did this one...


 I won't tell you how many more I have cut out, but you know what?  I still love the shoe one the best!    Next is some evening gowns - without apron's of course.

I also finished cutting and laying out the yellow truck.. now to start appliquing it down.., the fun part!


So I think I might be having a great weekend in the studio, this weekend..

I also sewed my first seeds for spring yesterday.  I seeded 25 Mammoth Mix Pansies, which are now sitting in a tray in the south sun, with a heavy thick towel wrapped around them, as they germinate best in heat and dark... of course they would have to be different.  Once they are up, then they want it very cool - so they will be going into the nook where it is bright but cooler...

Tomorrow I am starting three colours of Geranium seeds.  I have never grown these from seeds before, and I understand they are quite tricky to get started.

First you soak the seeds between two layers of wet paper towels in plastic bags for 2-4 days until they sprout.  Then you plant the sprouts in jiffy pots and put them under lights for 24 hrs a day for the first 3-4 days or until the first leaves start to show.  When that happens you cut back the light to 16 hrs a day, and after 6 weeks they can be transferred out to larger pots.

So tomorrow I start this process, in hopes that I actually will be successful with these seeds.

What are you up to this weekend?

I hope it something you love doing - or perhaps you are just spending time with those you love...

Whatever it is - have a Happy Weekend - and if you are like us and have an extra long weekend due to a holiday Monday.... 

Then enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...