Friday, February 8, 2019

JUNK JOURNAL IS FINISHED AND REVAMPING MY CHANNEL!

It has been a very long spell of extreme cold weather for a lot of us here in Canada, and indeed around many places in North America.  Along with that our area has had a lot of snow over the past week or so.
I shovelled snow for six days in a row - something that is seldom done here.

I have always said that I love winter, and really - I do love it - but this winter started early when we still had not yet even enjoyed fall, and it has been harsh and nasty, so I am more than ready to see it end.

But, in the end - we don't have control over this thing we call weather, so the only option we have is to enjoy it.

I have been considering doing some vlogging in the future, especially during the summer when I can be taking video outside in the gardens.  To this end, I really needed to smarten up my YouTube channel, so I am working on that now.  I have changed my channel name to "Whatever The Weather May Be".

Two reason for that name -
One - that the title encompasses the way I view life, in a basic kind of way.   That is - no matter what the weather is - my life has meaning, a purpose, and I have things I love to do, and will do.  There is a season for everything in life - and I embrace that!

The second reason for the name change, and maybe the best reason, is because I so love a poem with this title, by Jame Whitcomb Riley.

So I will be including more video as well here on my blog from time to time, starting with one today.

If you read my last few blogs, you will have seen that I decided to try my hand at making a journal... a junk journal, to be precise.  I have finished my first one which is going to Zhanna for her 9th birthday, but I have a hankering to do more, so I think now I will start one for myself - a gardening journal.

I really enjoyed this project, and I was able to utilize a lot of things that I have in my studio.  I see these as a great way to use up things I have on hand, without having to invest in even more crafting supplies.
 
Having said that, most of the materials I used for my journal, were common things that we all have in our homes -  I am not one to buy supplies for a craft just because everyone else is using them.

There are lots of video's on YouTube that walk you through the process of creating the journal, and also creating some of the embellishments for inside the journals.  If you think you might like to give this a try - check out some video's - but really - these are so easy, even a child could do them.

So here is my little video show and tell on my first Junk Journal.  Clearly I need more practice on taking video's - but that too is a learned skill - so bear with me.

Have great weekend everyone - stay safe and warm...



https://youtu.be/cSeL_fGQya4

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...