Monday, June 11, 2018

I NEED TO SOLVE A MYSTERY!

I love a good mystery!  Not so much the fictitious type - but a real honest to goodness mystery!

I found one just waiting to be solved last week in our recycle place, here in town.

I have mentioned this place several times here on my blogs, because I often find the neatest things there.

I was in there last week, looking for a wire CD rack to use to hang my herbs to dry on - I didn't find one, but I came across a painting in a beat up frame that caught my eye.  I am not sure if it is water colour or ink, or paint, but it is done on paper, so I am thinking water colour.

The frame was beat up, the glass missing from the frame, the picture itself was nice - restful, in a peaceful sort of way... but after standing and staring at it for awhile, I walked away from it.



Two days later I was back in there checking for a rack, and there was the painting, still sitting there among the children's clothing.

I stood and looked at it for a long time, and then picked it up... I hadn't done that before.

I got the same feeling from it again - peace, quiet...

So I took it home with me.

Take a look...

Do you get that same feeling as I do when you look at it?



artist's signature...
O W Wheeler?
O H Wheeler?


I turned the frame over and this was written on the back.




Ahh... O for Oliver....  now I have a mystery to solve.


So I Google searched Oliver Wheeler - and got not a thing in the time frame that was anywhere near 1953.  I tried to find Corner Brook Road, and I just kept getting taken to Corner Brook Newfoundland.   Well at least we are in the right country!  I even searched for Father Warden... found one, but again, not quite right...

Who is/was Oliver Wheeler?  Who is/was Father Warden?  Where is Corner Brook Road?

More importantly... who had this picture, and why did it land in a recycle place in a tiny town in Western Manitoba?

It's driving me crazy!


I do love the picture, and I am going to take and get it framed and matted with the proper frame and glass that will help to preserve the image, and then I am going to find a special place for it on a wall where I can see it all the time.

Another treasure,  AND.... still a wonderful mystery!





No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...