Wednesday, June 6, 2018

HIT BY GOUT AND HATS!

Good Morning everyone, hope you are all well today!

It's a beautiful morning here in my little town, the sun is shining the birds are singing and I have my windows in my studio open and there is a beautiful cool breeze coming in.  It's not supposed to get too hot today, so it might be a good day to work outside in the yard.

I have been doing inside things for a few days for a couple of reasons.  First because it was pretty wet the past few days after all the rain we had over the weekend.  Second - I have gout.  Not the end of the world, but it is painful, and of all places it is in my hands, in particular the large knuckles of my left hand.   It has been difficult to do anything with that hand, so for sure gardening was not possible. 

But I am never one to sit and stare at a TV, so I have made use of my indoor time catching up on a few things around the house, and letting my mind have it's way with some new design ideas.

Last week I said I would share some of my new ideas with you, so here we go.

I have always been fascinated with hats.  I think I mentioned in another post that at one time, my Mother took a a course and made fancy hats - maybe that is when my fascination started, I don't know, but it has been with me pretty much all my life.

I wanted to design a new mug rug for a special birthday gift and so I came up with this.
I thought the first picture too plain, so I added flowers and hair.  But after I added the hair I didn't like the face so I took the hair off but left the flowers.

all these are 8"x9" so they are quite small.  You can't really tell the size by the picture.


 

And ended up with this - she's not perfect, but as a first effort not too bad.


I cut out another in different colours but haven't done any more with her, as you can see.


So then I switched to a different hat. Love this one but there are some challenges here too.  This is not sewn yet either.

and neither is this one, I can't decide on the back ground colour as yet...

Really love the hat, but not so much the hand, so I changed it up a bit and did this one - and this is the one I gave as a gift.



Hat # 3 is this one... not sewn yet - just playing with the design a bit, I lopped off her hands as well.


And hat #4 still in development is a pill box style hat with netting... it's proving to be somewhat problematic - but I'll get there.


I desperately need to hit a fabric store sometime soon as I am running out of background materials.  

There are a few more different things on the design table as well, but I can't share those quite yet - but I will soon.

Tomorrow I will show you what else I have made while being stuck indoors...

and a new recipe as well...

See you then!












No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...