Thursday, June 14, 2018

A HAPPY BIRTHDAY - AND A RECIPE TOO!

I have many wonderful friends, but there is nothing quite like having old friends - friends who have been with you for most of your life, friends who know your good side and your bad side, and love you anyway despite what they know about you.

I am blessed to have a few such girlfriends, and one of them has a birthday today.

 Happy Birthday Denise!  Wishing you a day filled with Happiness and another year of Good Health!

 This is for you Dear Friend!

https://youtu.be/gnA8bbMi-qw

And While Denise is watching the video, I will continue on with my next part of the blog and that is Recipe Thursday!

I had a hard time coming up with today's recipe for some reason - maybe because I have not been spending much time in the kitchen this week.  Truthfully, all my time has been spent working in the studio or garden...

In the end I found the best recipe for this day and for this special woman's birthday.

It is after the cake of choice... or it was... let me tell you a little story first!

My mother was a baker, as a child and young adult, I only ever tasted baking done by her, or one of my Aunts or family members - Until I met Denise!

It was she who first introduced me to the cake I am going to share with you today, and I can't remember what the occasion was - someones birthday for sure, maybe even mine, but I was probably around 16 or 17 yrs old.

Jeanne's Bakery in Winnipeg has been serving up their famous log cake  - "Jeanne's Cake" since the 1930's.  This family run business has catered to Winnipeg locals, celebrities, and even Queen Elizabeth herself.

They make 1500-200 cakes a week, and although they make many varieties of baked goods, their log cake remains their signature and most beloved cake.

The Jeanne's Cake features a Shortbread Cookie crust ( my favourite part of the cake), the cake on top is just as delicious as the crust itself.

Now - I have not made or tasted the recipe below... but I intend to try it out on Denise and John if they ever get out here for a visit...  (sorry D, had to stick that in there...)

I can't believe I actually found it on the Internet, but here it is - Just in time for Denise's Birthday!


The recipe is in the link below.... Enjoy!


https://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/903935035/jeannes-cake/









No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...