Thursday, June 1, 2017

LETS SPEND SOME TIME !

Welcome June 2017!

I want to thank everyone who reached out and offered support and positive thoughts to me yesterday and the past couple of days.  I have the best friends anyone could hope for.  I love you all... Thank You!


The other thing I love is to spend time with my camera.  When I am looking through the lens of my camera I forget everything else that might have been clogging up my thoughts and feelings.  After I posted yesterdays post, I did take my camera outside and spent a couple of hours just looking at my world through it's lens.

I decided that I should take more images of my Canada 150 tulips before they are done for the season, so that was my first stop.  I love these flowers, and everyone who walks by makes a comment about how lovely they are.  I agree!  I hope next year they are even better, but I certainly can't complain on the show they have given my yard this year.

So here is some more images of my Canada 150 Tulips ...







...


While I was on my belly in the grass, I looked up, and there was my ever present garden companion.  This little Robin is not far each and every time I am out in the yard.  He almost took a worm from me  yesterday afternoon.   I still think this is the same baby robin from last year who sat on the wire above the garden and chatted with me all summer long.  

We may not be from the same nest - but we surely are good pals!


...

I have another crop of tulips in one of my other flowerbeds.  I didn't plant them, they were here already.  Last year there was only one bloom, this year I got four blossoms, so things are looking up.  

Aren't they adorable?


...

I walked around the house and as always my eyes are everywhere - and look what I found peeking over the back hedge... a piece of McCreary History.  
These prairie sentinels are disappearing from our landscape across the country.  There was a time when every town or even railway landing had one along the rail lines that crossed our great country.  We are lucky to still have ours standing tall to identify our prairie town as a grain producing community that it still is.
It's not as close as it looks - it's about a 7 minute walk from our home, but there it was, just begging to be captured...



...


And then after supper I happened to look out my kitchen window, and the evening sun was hitting the top of the hedge with bright light while the rest of the yard was just being covered with shadow.  It looked so peaceful - so calm and I don't know - I just had to grab the camera one last time for the day.


...


Thanks for spending time with me in my garden...

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...