Tuesday, November 1, 2016

LONGER MAY HE LIVE!

How did we get to Tuesday already!  I had firm plans to have a post ready for Monday morning!

Hope everyone had a fun Halloween.  It was so much fun to see all the decorations, costumes and party pictures on Face book.

Sometimes I really despise Face book - and sometimes I love it.

I love being able to stay in touch with loved ones in real time.  But the rest of it - the politics, the fighting the ignorance that sometimes appears just really bothers me.



It was my Dad's 96th birthday on Sunday.  My niece had been to see him on Saturday and took this picture and sent it to me on Face book - now there is a good thing!


I have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that Dad is 96!  You know when you are young and still living at home, and your Dad is everything to you, you never think about the day when you will be 61 and your Dad will be 96.  How can you think that far ahead?  Old to you is 60!
Life is pretty wonderful to give us this opportunity to catch up with our future at the same time as connecting us by memories to our past.

Dad is holding a rug mug I made him for his birthday.  When I called him on Sunday he was so happy with the gift - BUT - did I know that really this animal was not a ELK ( I called it an elk in the letter that went with the gift)!  No, you see and elk's head is different as is his rack.  No, this is a MOOSE!

We laughed about it, - and really he should know - he's the one who hunted big game all his life!

He marvelled at the tiny stitches and wanted to know what type of sewing machine I use - to be honest, most people would not even take the time to look, I am sure.

He is sharp  - and apparently there is nothing wrong with his eyesight!

That's my Dad.  We have had our differences over the years, but now at his age, these things don't matter any more.

Every day is a gift -  at my age I am still learning this - at his age,  he already has.

Longer may he live...

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...