Tuesday, October 18, 2016

JUST DOWN THE GLENELLA ROAD - PART 2

I completely forgot to add 2 photos to yesterday's blog post.  I meant to include 2 pictures of the interior of the church at Waldersee.  It is a beautiful little country church - inside and out - and unlike city churches is open for visitors all the time.

Here are a couple of pictures of the inside.  The front/ Altar


The back of the church.


                                                                           ...


Yesterday we started on my journey down the Glenella Road.  I almost always have my camera with me when we head down any road around home, and for sure it was with me when I went on this little journey a few weeks ago.

Here are some of my favourite images of that day spent re-connecting with my past.  Hope you enjoy!





  Sept 2016 - The Glenella Road - facing West towards the Riding Mountains.








Sept 2016 - the North Narthex window of Christ Lutheran Church (The Waldersee Church).
A word about this church - My Great Grandfather helped build this church and he and his sibling's families attended here throughout the years - even to today descendents of these families ( my family) still attend this church regularly.







Sept 2016 - the Steeple and Cross at the top of the Waldersee Church.







Sept 2016 - Resident or Visitor? - Lively Resident, I believe!









Sept 2016 - Teeter-Totter from an old swing set near cemetery.









Sept 2016 - A marker on a young child's grave.




Next stop - The Plumas Road!



No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...