Thursday, October 20, 2016

JUST DOWN THE GLENELLA ROAD - THE END!

So here we are, at my Uncle Alfred's farm, which now belongs to my cousin's son Aaron.  Things will no doubt change in the years to come.  I hope he keeps the barn as long as he can  - but just in case, I took some pretty great shots to be on the safe side.

The barn was my main focus this day.  It is a structure that has such meaning on any farm.  It has a life of it's own that is hard to describe, but if you ever saw a barn lit from within in the dark of night, you would understand why I say that.

So here is Grandpa's barn shot my way!


Whoever said age can't be beautiful has never seen this old barn up close and personal.





I never realized how pretty this windmill was until I pointed my camera at it.  Wonder if Grandpa put it there, or Uncle Alfred.






What do you see when you look in the window of this old barn?  I see progress!









Not the Hayloft, but the window above it.  I don't ever remember actually ever seeing a window in there though.  Will you look at that beautiful Manitoba summer sky!




My Grandfather's Threshing Machine.





 I Love this barn and I love this picture.  So many years it has stood here as a symbol of a hardworking family's heritage, commitment and future.  She may be old and weathered, but she still has some life to give to the next generation.  Long May She Stand!

Thanks for taking this day trip with me.  Hope you have enjoyed the day as much as I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...