Awhile back I mentioned that I was crocheting squares for some afghans for our niece's children. Two afghans are for girls so I thought I would try and use the daisy loom my aunt gave me last year and see if I could somehow incorporate a daisy into the square.
It actually worked out better than I expected and was able to work my favorite granny square around it perfectly.
Here are a couple of pictures I took of one of the squares.
It is fun varying the colors of the petals, but I did find, the more color variation the harder it was to keep all the loops on the pegs.
There really is a method to the technique, one has to be fairly co-ordinated, especially when working on the inner pegs. As you wind around the inner pegs the outer loops tend to want to slip off the outer pegs.
I have enough squares done for one afghan, and I am continuing on with the second set of squares. The Afghan I am making for the boy will be earth tone colors - greens, browns, beige's, maybe some red and orange, and the squares will have appliques on them of Boy things, like frogs, fish, dragons, owls... that sort of thing.
Hopefully I will be able to get these finished soon so that the children can use their blankets on their beds at the cottage this summer.
I am going to try my hand at making a tutorial.. never done one before, but thought it would be neat on the daisy loom flowers.
Happy Sunday, everyone!