Friday, December 21, 2018

MERRY CHRISTMAS - HAPPY NEW YEAR TOO!

Happy Winter Solstice! 

I have been waiting for this day for awhile now, especially since walking to my little job every morning has been in complete darkness.  That's not an issue in a city, but in my town, where the street lights are really only on the corners, the blocks between the lights can be very dark indeed.

I look forward to the light - I look forward to spring and the time of renewal - but here in Manitoba there is a lot of winter to look forward to first.

A lady I follow on YouTube from Ireland calls the misty fog that comes over a mountain and settles into a valley, Dragon's Breath.  We get a lot of Dragon's Breath here were we live, and often are fortunate to get the hoarfrost  covering every surface that follows the fog.

Here are a few more pictures from the batch of photo's I took a few weeks ago of the lovely remains of the Dragon's Breath that blew down upon us from the Riding Mountains.  The photo at the very end is one I took this morning on my dark walk to work.  As you can see once again the Dragon has been blowing his frosty breath upon our town.















I am also sharing a link to a video about the Winter Solstice which I found quite fascinating.  Here in North America we tend to think of it merely as the first day of winter, the shortest day of the year - other countries and cultures regard it as much more.  Take a listen to Colette O'Neill as she shares her wealth of knowledge, and the beautiful Bealtaine Cottage surroundings.



Along with the photos, I would like to wish each and every one of my followers and readers a very Blessed Christmas, and A Safe, Happy and Healthy New Year!

I will be back in January, but until then, stay well everyone!

Till Then -



No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...