Monday, December 10, 2018

UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN!

Here we are, another new week is upon us.  I have to tell you that nothing I did all of last week could come close the results of my last post.  I am still a little in awe of my own photo's and that almost never happens to me.  Most of the time I am disappointed and certainly overly critical of the work I do with my camera, so to say I am pleased with my photography is a rare thing indeed.

I did manage to get some of the studio tidied up late last week.  I have put away a lot of unfinished projects that I just don't feel up to working on at the moment.

But I have spent a lot of time going through my seeds, both those I saved myself and those I have bought previously.  And better still, I have been pouring over the 2019 seed catalogues and making lists of things I want to order for the 2019 gardening season.

Top of my list is some trees and shrubs, and root stock.  2019 is going to be the year of change on our property.  We are replanting trees where others have been removed, and adding a lot of new ones.

I am ordering fruit trees, shade trees, and a couple of Blue Spruce.  In the meantime, earlier this fall, I was picking up seeds from trees along my walks.  I have popped some of those in pots since then, and I am happy to say, I even have some very tiny seedlings starting from my efforts.


For a few months now, I have been very unsettled.  The kind of unsettled that you can do nothing about, because the events that are unsettling you are beyond your control.

By now I would normally have created a special blog about this, but this has been too close, too heartbreaking, and if I am totally honest with myself, much too hard for me to bear.

You see, a few weeks ago, I lost someone whom I loved so very much.  Someone who had been in my life for fifty years, someone who was a best friend, but so very much more.  I haven't written about her death, because I just can't  - not yet.

My dear friend had cancer four times, and even though we knew this last one would take her from us, when it happened it really knocked me off my axis.  I am trying to figure out why her death has hit so hard.  I am relieved she is no longer suffering, but the rest of me is numb.

We were so much alike, my friend and I.  She loved gardening, and so do I.  She loved country life, country living, and so do I.  She loved being outdoors, and the beauty of nature all around her, and so do I.  We loved the same music - in fact one of the last things I received from her was a CD of Eva Cassidy, sent to me because our favourite song "Somewhere over the Rainbow" was done so well by the late Eva Cassidy.

We could talk about anything, and everything - and we did... even about God... and we did.  She was spiritual, and so am I.  She believed in Angels and Fairies, and so do I.

She had breast cancer, and so did I.

We always called ourselves Kindred Spirits, Sisters in Cancer, and Sisters in life - and we were all of those things.

My beautiful friend - Forever in my heart, "Dear Heart" ... until we meet again! 


1 comment:

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...