Monday, October 1, 2018

KISSED BY JACK!


Isn't this beautiful?  To me the flowers look like antique paper flowers, or something artificially made to look like they have been around forever, sitting in a vase in some Grand Old Lady's Boudoir.

How fanciful of me - they are of course, my very own summer Zinnias, beautiful as they were all summer, equally beautiful now after they have been kissed by Jack (Frost).

Jack has been busy in my gardens.   


He has planted his lips on all of my annuals,


And even some of my perennials. 



It is a bit early, even for here... but in a crazy sort of way, I am sort of happy.  

It was my intention to pull all these Zinnias's out as I did most of the other annuals, but I don't think I am going to.  I might be making more spring work for myself, but I think I am going to leave them right where they are, just as they are.  

My hopes are they will stay upright, and contrast with the white snow all around them this winter.  They will be a remembrance of summer when summer is far from our memory.   Come spring, hopefully they will shed their lovely seeds upon the ground below and seed themselves into a brand new season.

That is my wish on this first day of October.

A promise for another season of beauty  - be it winter, spring summer or fall.

It's all beautiful!




No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...