Thursday, September 27, 2018

RECIPE THURSDAY BY SPECIAL REQUEST.

Thank you all for your generous comments about my photography here on my blog,  on Face book and email.  It is always so nice to know that one's efforts are appreciated and enjoyed by others.

So Thank You -  very much appreciated!

I'm sure there will be more photos on my morning walks as the fall season progresses.  It is one of the reasons I love this season so much.  Things change so quickly, and so completely.  One day green, the next colour, and maybe the next - it's all gone.  At least here in Manitoba that might be the case.  But we won't think quite that far ahead just yet, even though we did have snow here on the weekend...

We have had frost, and yes snow - so I hurried to bring the very last of my garden harvest in just in the nick of time.

7 cooking pumpkins ( 3 very small ones) and 3 butternut squash!

What a harvest!

This variety of pumpkin is a true cooking pumpkin, it has very little water content and very dense pulp.  Perfect for baking a pumpkin pie, muffins or cookies.

So I made muffins and cookies, and yes, that is my snowman cookie jar.  Family tradition states he appears on the first snow of the season, so he's here until spring!

 

One of my Face book friends has requested the cookie recipe, so Sherry - here you go... enjoy!


PUMPKIN COOKIES

1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1- 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup pumpkin ( canned or fresh cooked and mashed)

2 cups all purpose flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp.  salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cloves ( ground)
1/4 tsp. ginger

1 cup raisins
1 cup chopped nuts.


Cream butter and sugar together well.  Beat in eggs 1 at a time.  Add vanilla and pumpkin.

Stir remaining ingredients together and add.  
Mix well.

Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased pan.  
Bake in 375 F  oven for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.

Makes 5.5 dozen


Notes:
This is a very soft cookie, and stored in a cookie jar makes them softer.  But they are so good, that they won't last very long anyway, so you might not have to worry about this issue.
also
I only got 4 dozen from my batch...


I am off tonight, on a new adventure - well new for here, but not new for me.  I will tell you all about it tomorrow!


Till then...








                   







No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...