Saturday, September 15, 2018

THE TRANSITION OF SEASONS!

I don't usually write a blog post on the weekends, but today I am in somewhat of a reflective mood, and I just felt the need to sit down and write something.

Fall sort of does this to me every year.  I seem to have to go through this reflective mindset of reviewing the spring and summer that now has past.  I see change happening all around me, but it is more what I feel than what I see that makes me want to pause and let it all sink into my psyche.

Am I the only one that gets this "feeling of change"?  This feeling of slowing down; gathering in; putting away; storing up?

It's comforting, in it's own way - this feeling of change.  For me, it's like I now have permission to sit with a book, gather some yarn and needles in a basket close to my chair; bring out the throws and afghans and snuggle into them whenever I feel like it, set up the spinning wheel, and place it where it will be used frequently.

Is it any wonder that I love this time of the year?  I get to do some of my favourite things without really needing to do them at all.  It's my choice if I do, or I don't - nothing is spoiled, either way!

I have loved the spring and summer gardening season - but I am really looking forward to the settling in of fall and winter.  Shorter days, and longer sleeps.  Nice thick socks:  woolly PJ's;  long sleeves, and yes snugly afghans. 

Meals that warm your tummy; hot drinks; soups; stews; casseroles; turkey dinners, cranberries, turnip...

And writing...

I have been really wanting to write again.

And so I shall...

Starting with a Short Story for an open writing competition from CBC  Books.  Deadline is October 31st,  and already the story has wandered into my brain.  I can't wait to start typing and see where it takes.

But for now, on this cloudy cool Saturday in Western Manitoba - I think a pot of my very own grown Chamomile tea is in order, and then maybe I will wrap myself in my afghan and take a nap.






No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...