Wednesday, October 10, 2018

"THE PEACE OF WILD THINGS!"

The new photo on my header was taken very early this morning on my morning walk.  I was able to get a long walk in this morning, the walk that takes me along the east side outskirts of town.  Part of my walk is in town, and the other part where the picture above was taken is right along the CN rail line on the road coming into town.

As you can see it was early, the street lights were still on.  I think it was about 7:45, it was also quite cool, and there was the odd ice pellet being driven by a very gusty North wind.  Lucky for me I was walking South, so the wind was at my back.

The school buses were out, but not much else moved.  I could hear the geese.  They are deafening over in this part of town, because they overnight at the town retention pond which is just on the outskirts of town.  They were making noise, but they hadn't started to take to the air yet.

All in all it was a great morning to walk, if I had thought to take my big camera I would have walked all the way to the highway and around to the west side of town, but I was returning from work, so I only had my cell.

I took this picture as well...
Okay, so I decided to have a little fun with this one!  Maybe tomorrow I will continue walking further down this road until I come to the highway.

It might seem desolate to some of you, but truthfully there is nothing as restful as walking down a country road.  You can just let your mind go wherever it wants.  Nothing is claiming your attention but the placement of your feet one foot at a time.  There are no horns, no sirens, no people, no exhaust fog, only the occasional friendly wave from someone you might not even know as they pass you by.

That twenty minute walk was the best thing I could have done for myself today.  Hopefully tomorrow I can make it longer.

I leave you with these most appropriate words - for a day like today - for a walk like this morning's...










1 comment:

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...