Tuesday, January 30, 2018

THIS, THAT, AND THE OTHER TOO...

Happy Tuesday everyone!  We are one day away from saying cheerio to January 2018, which means one day closer to saying hello to spring.

You wouldn't know it looking outside here though.  Its a real January day, for sure.  Today is supposed to be a mixed bag of weather, a stormy kind of day, and I think it's safe to say, we won't be seeing any sunshine today!

It's warming up to above freezing temperatures today ( for a very short time) but the wind will make it feel like -30.  We are expecting some freezing rain, some snow, and some blizzard conditions.  The heavy snow is to the north of us, but I think we might still have some dicey conditions on highways and roadways today.

It's a good day to stay indoors.  I topped up all the bird feeders yesterday, and we went on a Walmart run to top up supplies and groceries, so let it storm!

Our closest Walmart is 40 minutes away.  Can you remember the very first Walmart you were ever in years ago?  One that was in a Mall, small, narrow isles, shelves packed all the way to the top?  Well that is the Walmart that still exists out this way.  No Super Walmart, no groceries, just a plain Jane Walmart. 

It's a bit frustrating when you are used to the larger stores, especially when you are used to purchasing a certain item from a larger store, and this smaller one doesn't carry it - but still, I am thankful for the store.

I did manage to finally find the right sized circular needle to start those adorable flower hats that I want to make for our two sweet little future grand-daughters.  So there is one project I can do on this stormy day!  And I did find yarn to finish the baby blanket I am making as well, so I have lots to keep my hands busy.

But while I find my hands are so easy to keep busy, my mind is wandering so much towards spring.  I can't tell you how many videos I have watched over the past weekend, on how to build a wildlife pond for the back yard.

I already have a lot of toads in my garden - I am constantly digging them up in the garden, but I would also love to attract frogs, dragon flies, damsel flies and such to my yard. A wildlife pond is essential for this.  I think I have researched enough to give it a try this spring - my only obstacle will be finding just the right location for it to do some good.

Oh and Walmart had seeds out yesterday - so I picked up some more varieties of herbs, and Shasta Daisy seeds - one plant I totally love, but do not have in any of my gardens here.

So, time to get this day started for real.  Whatever you do today - make it count.... this day won't come again.

Stay safe everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...