Wednesday, January 10, 2018

SPEAKING OUT ABOUT SPEAKING OUT!

I had a completely different post written for today, but this morning I changed my mind about posting it on this day.

I don't usually comment on political or social issues that go on in our world here on my blog, but today I just really feel like I have had enough with Hollywood-driven garbage being shoved down every one's throat, wherever you happen to be - on the Internet, watching TV - even talk shows and pod casts.

As if it hasn't been publicized enough over the last several months, this past week's Golden Globes frenzy on the "Me Too" movement has fueled more fires, angry debates, fights and arguments that this world really needs to see and hear right now.

I am beginning to wonder if this is still about "Sexual Predators" or if this has just become a way for women to speak out against men in general.

I am all for "Sexual Predators" getting what is coming to them, but I also read names of people I know who said "Me Too" on the Facebook movement a few months ago.  Women I know well enough to know that they were never victims of this sort of behaviour.

So, is this how we go about "Empowering Women"?  We become followers, we jump on a bandwagon of a movement that everyone seems to be saying YES to?

I wonder - if we had a movement called "Not Me" - how would the numbers stack up against the "Me Too"?  I think we know the answer to that question.

So why don't we hear about the "Not Me's" ?

Because we are the boring women, who have worked hard in our careers and homes,  who have perhaps had a touch to our arm from a charming man a time or two, but who know that a touch on the arm, is a touch on the arm, and not a sexual deviation.  We are the women who have had enough confidence in ourselves to brush it off, call the guy an ass, and move on.  We don't need a "cause" to get us through the day; we don't need to be "Empowered", because we already are.  We don't need to feel better or smarter or prettier or sexier than anyone else - because we already are!

And how come we are not hearing the flip side to this issue? 

I cannot tell you how many times in my working career when I have been witness to the flip side.  Men who are being gushed at, fawned over, and yes given verbal sexual innuendo's by female co-workers who know full well the male is not in the least interested.

These men are out there, and I am sure they exist in Hollywood as well - why are they silent now?

Box sexes are guilty of the crime of the "Me Too" movement - whether it is talked about, or not.  Personally, I don't find it entertaining, or empowering.  I also don't agree with the route it is taking.

Yes, those who are truly guilty need to be punished - but allegations, are allegations, just like Hollywood is Hollywood.  My mind has to question why the same group of people who speak the loudest are also the ones promoting a movie where a gay male forms a sexual relationship with a 14 year old boy, in the name of a love story.  This is the movie they are promoting to be the big Oscar winner this year.

Enough said!


1 comment:

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...