Thursday, January 18, 2018

JUST IMAGINE!

Our temperatures have warmed up considerably, in fact for the past couple of days, our little town has been the hot spot of the province.

Yesterday I spent a little time outside, for the first time in a long while.  I topped up the bird feeders, brushed the snow off my little old park bench, thinking I might sit there for awhile ( which I did) and catch a few birds with my camera ( which I did not).

But it was just wonderful to sit outside and smell the air.  Everyone was out - lots of people walking uptown instead of driving, small children being pulled in toboggans, and I even saw a couple of baby buggies.

You'd almost think it was spring!

My park bench sits right in front of my patch of  Echinachea,  and as any gardener would do, before I sat down, I leaned over and had a good look at the flower spikes that I left on the plants last fall.  Sure enough nestled in those prickly spikes are seeds.  I picked one and shook it in my hand, and got a fist full of seeds for my efforts.

So today I went back outside with a bag and my clippers and cut a lot of the pods off. I left enough to seed my patch, but the rest I harvested.

I have several spots in the yard where I want to start these plants, for height and for the beauty of a nice clump of these blooming late summer and fall.  Why buy seeds or plants when you can grow your own.? So these seeds will be the first I start in my nook plant room, very soon.

The warmer temperatures took their toll on my 2 snowmen today, however.  Both are now headless, and both are looking quite gaunt.  Their time has come and gone, and even though I am sure we will get more snow before this winter is over - snowmen won't be welcome in the yard!


This popped up on face book yesterday, and I just had to share it with you.  Can you imagine the time it took to plot this out, build it, run it, then rebuild it to the functioning piece you see here?  And then start all over again, and get every movement 100% correct to music?  Just Brilliant!

If you are like me, you will watch it several times in a row...

Enjoy!



https://www.youtube.com/user/DoodleChaos


Don't forget to get outside and harvest some seeds... they are prime right now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...