Wednesday, May 25, 2016

PICTURE PERFECT - FOR ME!

Last week we went to Neepawa to visit my Aunt who is in hospital there.  It was a beautiful sunny day and we had lots of time before we could go and visit her, so we checked out a few of the local shops in town.

I had been wanting to check out the thrift shop ever since we moved here - you know there might be a doll there waiting for me or something!  There were dolls - nothing I was interested in, and lots of pretty good "stuff" as well.  I couldn't really find anything I needed so we decided to move on to another store.  Just as we were leaving, I looked down, and there on the floor was this really cute picture, in a green frame. $2

I snatched it up not because of the price - well that too - but I really like the country look of it, and it didn't hurt that the green frame would fit perfectly in my kitchen.  What I especially liked was the little sign on the smaller building saying Piano Lessons.  How perfect is that?

Check it out!


I haven't decided where in the kitchen I will hang it yet, but for sure it will hang somewhere in that room... 

In a few days I will start advertising registration for fall piano lessons.  I would like to start off with just a few students this year.  It's been a long time since I taught, and the methods are much different than when I taught years ago, so it might be a bit of a learning curve for me as well, but I am looking forward to starting this new venture in September.

I decided not to worry about my old piano.  It is not perfect, but it still beats an electronic piano any day of the week.  It is a great piano for a student to learn on, and the piano's history is that of a piano teacher's instrument.  It has the kick marks of swinging feet on it's body to prove it.  Piano lessons are about teaching someone to play the piano, not about having a Steinway instrument (Oh how I wish), so my old girl will serve me well.



I will leave you with this insightful gem today...

"Something to do, someone to love, and something to hope for, are the true essentials of a happy and meaningful life."

David Goodman  



No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...