Wednesday, April 29, 2015

NASTY BUGS AND REALLY GOOD BUGS!

You might be thinking perhaps I fell into those boxes of clothes that I was going to be picking up... and got lost?  I have been gone for quite awhile, but (sadly) that didn't happen to me.

What did happen was that I did go and pick up those 4 boxes of dolls clothes, and that same evening I started to go through my treasured loot, but I really never got far with it because a day later I got really ill. 

Instead of having fun, I ended up flat out in bed with pneumonia and bronchitis and a nasty ear infection for 11 days.  Such fun.... not!

Anyway thanks to two kinds of antibiotics, lots of hot fluids and the loving care of my sweet husband, I am back on my feet and trying desperately to pick up where I left off.  At this point I am not entirely sure where that was at all, but I am sure I will figure it out.

In the meantime, I have completed sorting through my 4 boxes of goodies, and indeed there was some very neat stuff in there.

I found some wonderful vintage stuff from dolls from the 50's and 60's.  Some antique articles from dolls much older than that, and a lot of wonderful stuff from the years between.  I have managed to redress more of my own collection.  This time the large fashion dolls from the 50's and 60's got a makeover in pretty original dresses, and some of my smaller rubber 50's dolls also benefited from the boxes.

I haven't had a chance to take pictures, but I will.

In the meantime, I am trying to find enough energy to get outside and clean up my flowerbeds for planting.  My neighbour is already well ahead of me and I am chomping at the bit to catch up with her.... but all in good time, I guess.

The weather here is beautiful - I am anxious to take my camera out and explore the rebirth of nature that is going on all around us... think that will be a priority for me in these next few days as these first bursting days of real rebirth don't last long at all...

Conversations with Robins; checking on my sleeping Queen Bee; finding those first new buds, green shoots, ladybugs.... what a wondrous time spring can be...

Don't let it pass by unnoticed....


No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...