Monday, April 13, 2015

BACK AGAIN, REFRESHED, RENEWED!

I am so happy to finally be back after several months absence.  What have I been doing all these months?

Well firstly I have been trying to deal with a lot of stressful issues at my workplace, which sadly I allowed to get into my head and my psyche.  I think I have that under control now, as much as I ever will have.

Secondly I have been trying to plan out the next few years of my life as  I get nearer to retirement.  Who knew winding down would be so much work with so many decisions and contemplations?

Retirement is a life change that I have not really thought out in entirety.  I was always under the impression than I had lots and lots of time.  But then one blinks - and you are almost there!

Now, instead of just living day to day, one has to think about those days more carefully.  How will they be spent?  Where will they be spent?  How much will I need to spend, and where will the money come from?  It's a bit on the scary side, but like so many others who have faced this new direction, there are many many options available, which all need to be explored.

In the meantime, my mind has been exploding with creativity.  This is a good thing, because for so long that has been absent from my life.  I am so happy to have my Mojo back again, even if it is causing me to loose sleep at night plotting and planning creations for half of the night, instead of sleeping.

The past couple of weeks has found me working in my craft room again... the table was bare and clean for so long, but now it is a horrid mess - and I am happy, because that means I am working again.

I have done some writing too.  I resurrected a couple of unfinished stories - I have been asked to finish one short story for my church newsletter (Christmas Edition), and the the other is a novel in it's early days, which has been running around in my head again after a couple of years absence.

I have been redressing some dolls.  I was able to purchase a couple of boxes of vintage baby/doll clothes, so the larger dolls have gotten new outfits, which look gorgeous on them... take a look at the pictures below!

I have fairies in various stages of production; crochet and knitted dolls clothes on the go, seedlings started in the sun room; and I am madly cataloging and photographing items for my soon- to- be reopened Etsy shop.

So life is busy, and that is as is should be. I'm shaking off, and moving on... and it feels wonderful!

Got lots of pictures and links to share with you in the comings days.... 

Here are a few of my newly dressed girls!







No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...