Friday, November 11, 2011

LEST WE FORGET!

Today is Remembrance Day.

I just heard the 21 gun salute go off from the Legislative Building downtown, and I did stop what I was doing an listened to the salute as it went on for several minutes it seemed.

We don't afford our soldiers and our military enough recognition in this country... at least that is my opinion.  We should not wait until November 11th to remember the fallen - those brave men and women who have sacrificed much and those that have given their lives for our country and the freedoms that we all take so for granted.

Buying a poppy, and wearing it proudly, and reciting In Flanders's Fields does not nearly cover the respect and gratitude we as a country should feel towards our men and women in uniform.

For all our soldiers and sailors and air force men and women... for all our leaders, and their leaders... Thank You for what you do for us all everyday.

For all the soldiers and sailors and air force men and women and leaders of the past.  You did not die in vain - you helped keep our Home and Native Land...Our True North, Strong and Free.
Thank You for doing that for me, and for every other Canadian who lives today.




LEST WE FORGET....



In Flanders Fields 

By:  Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae

In Flanders Fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved, and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch, be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.


Today is also my brother Norman's birthday.  Happy Birthday Norm - I hope you have a wonderful day... I love you....



No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...