Friday, April 26, 2019

BUSY BIRDS, BEAUTY FROM THE PAST - AND A NEW VIDEO!

As you can see by my cover photo, Spring is truly here in Western Manitoba.

This morning my garden was full of all kinds of birds busy gathering nesting materials.  I am more than happy to share any bits and pieces they need to make their new nests for the season!  Of course, my camera only saw Robins this morning - any day I can get a Robin on camera is a great day for sure!



It's been a very busy week spent working in the yard getting beds ready for spring planting!  I have spent over 6 hours every day, digging, weeding, hauling new soil, moving plants and shrubs and even a tree, and I think when you see the little video below, you will agree that I have made some progress since the video last week.

Yesterday we had a windy rainy day, so I was able to finally wash my floors, and get some chores done inside the house.  

I worked a bit on my sweater, which I have to admit has sort of fallen to the bottom of the project basket for the moment.  To be replaced by a crochet floppy hat that I am making to wear while I work outside in the sun.  On my journey to the floppy hat, I have discovered a new designer, (Kristin Omdahl), whom I have really taken to.  I love her designs and her easy to follow patterns - so much so that I have purchased her e-book   "Layers" - Crochet Projects to Style, Drape and Flatter .

This e-book will be in print shortly, but I couldn't wait, to try some of the patterns.  All the patterns in the book are cover-up type patterns for spring and summer, or evening wear.  If you are looking for such a pattern to make for yourself or for a gift, you must check out her website:

You won't be disappointed.

So here is a little video I took this morning of this week's progress in the gardens on the food garden side of our property.  There still is a whole other side yard that I haven't even covered yet - but that is for the rest of the summer to develop and turn into something eye-catching and beautiful!  First food - then beauty!

In this morning's video I talk about a wide-flower garden that was growing a couple of years ago - here is a couple of pictures of that garden, so you will know what I am yammering on about.




So here is this week's video.

https://youtu.be/gfIabkhpC18

Have a Wonderful weekend, everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...