Wednesday, April 17, 2019

THE COST OF EATING, AND TWO NEW VIDEO'S.

I heard on the news tonight, that the price of fruit and vegetables is expected to rise this year by over 17%.

The powers that be are placing the blame on climate change, and the cost of production and transportation of the food we eat.

If this is true, I believe we will see a lot of families and especially children, eating less nutritious meals, and we might even see a return and indeed a spike in some health conditions that are a close relation to unhealthy diets.

There is no better time than now, for people to consider growing at least part of their own food source.  Things like lettuce, and salad-type crops are expected to be the most expensive to buy in the near future.

Seriously - things like lettuce and salad type things are one of the easiest things to grow.  You don't even need a yard to do it - so why aren't more people growing their own?

They should.  I would bet that if they did it for one season, they would do it forever, because the taste alone would would have them longing for their own FRESH grown produce.

Not everyone has space to garden, but even when I lived on a very tiny property in the heart of a big city, I still grew tomatoes, beans, lettuce and raspberries in my flowerbeds.  If I could have squeezed in more - I would have. 

Of course I no longer have that problem,  I have lots of space to grow food now, and this year I hope to grow even more than I have in the past three years since we have been living here in the country.

So think about it - maybe even give it a try  - you might be surprised how very much you enjoy it!


On that note - I have started a new garden series on my YouTube channel.  I will be updating it once a week as spring planting gets underway.  I have uploaded the first two videos taken this week, so I hope you get a chance to have a look at some of the progress of the rejigging of my garden.  For now, I am just concentrating on the back gardens, but I will get to the front ones soon as well.

So here are links to the first two videos - if you are interested in watching the progress click subscribe and the little bell below it - and you will get notifications when I upload new video's.

I plan to be working outside in the yard most of the weekend, so perhaps next week I will have some photo's to share with you.

Happy Easter to you all - enjoy the long weekend and the beautiful spring days!

See you next week!

2019 Garden Series:

Episode 1
https://youtu.be/fIOBR66G9Bk


Episode 2
https://youtu.be/oZV7B_ls6CA

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...